Thread: 1932aab
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 09:19 PM   #8
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932aab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance29 View Post
I have had what I thought was a 1932 BB truck for 50 years. This morning I read on a Ford history web site that the BB didn't come out until 1933. Then I see on this forum a barn find 1932 dump truck (I'd kill for the front fenders and hood on that truck) the new owner is calling a 1932 Ford AAB. I had not heard of an AAB. Anyone have solid info on when the BB came out? My frame number is 18-1017925 which I think confirms mine is a 32 (and the fact that the fire wall comes out-I was told by Allford that 32 was only year fire wall was not part of cab).
Rance,
Well if your referring to me?

Please dont kill me for the hood and fenders!
My 32 dump has a serial number Beginning with AAB. I may be wrong in calling the truck that, and will stand corrected if it should be considered or referred to as a BB truck.
I will defer to the experts. I am very new to the game and could easily be off track. My fenders and hood are pretty good but there are better ones out there I am sure.

As you may have seen in my thread the serial numbers are *AAB5028297* on the truck left side upper frame rail and intermediate bell housing area above starter.
Looking forward to pictures of your truck. Sure sounds like the price was right.
Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 07-27-2021 at 09:27 PM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote