View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #167
Sailor Mike

Default Re: Model A Huckster Group

Hello All, First post on FordBarn but have been a member of the H.A.M.B. for quite a little while (same username).

I somehow managed to get the same Huckster that 358ciHD had posted about on page 4 of this thread.

Although he was probably 2 or three owners ago, the truck cab/doghouse obviously isn't a 30 but the entire running gear/chassis is 30 and appears to be in good working order. Just waiting on warmer weather to get out to the garage to tinker a little bit.

I plan on getting everything up to snuff for highway safety and will be replacing some of the wood pieces that have cracked but will be keeping the wood painted with a white coat of paint.

I've been trying to get my hands on a Model A for quite some time to use for shop runs and putting around town.

I'm not looking to completely restore this truck but have a fun little toy to get me where I need to go, if all goes well with running gear and whatnot a Mitchell Overdrive will be installed in the spring to achieve safe road speeds without fear of getting a semi-truck up my butt. . Also I plan on making a "rustic" looking roof rack to go over the vinyl top so I can haul the steel that I use to build motorcycle frames, handlebars, etc...

One question I have for you gentlemen is what do you use for the vinyl strip that covers the edge of the vinyl top to hide the screws/nails/tacks?

I've enjoyed the thread so far and look forward to future posts and learning from you guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (71.3 KB, 112 views)

1930 Ford Model A Huckster
Sailor Mike is offline   Reply With Quote