View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #126
Gman

Default Re: Welcome To The New Ford Barn!

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Howdy y'all, I am new to this great forum and appreciate all of the good info I've read in here the last few days! I recently bought a barn fresh 1930 model A and not sure at this point what my plan is for it. It has been sitting for the last 30 years and the motor hasn't been started in about 20 years. I'd like to see if I can get it running at some point. It has the original motor in it and mostly all there, but rough in the usual places. My brother in-law wants me to hotrod it, but I'm not sure how much money I want to put in it. I think I'm going to just tinker with it and get it running as is for now.
I will be trying to buy as many original parts as possible when I can find them. Some of the things I know it needs to get running, 6 volt battery, radiator or lots of stop leak..lol and an ignition switch and the housing for the fuel sediment bowl is cracked. I'm sure I'll find some more problems along the way. It has the zenith carb and that might need some attention too? Ok, thanks ahead of time for all the info you guys share in here. I will do my best to search the posts for answers to my questions when possible.
Gman is offline   Reply With Quote