Thread: Mac's survey
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #106

Unhappy Re: Mac's survey

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
In company with another restorer I placed an online order with Mac's on a Friday which was acknowledged, followed by a week before money was taken out of the account. I then received an itemised note via e-mail in which the freight cost had gone from the original quote of $179.92 to $251.41. The order was for engine parts and a length of long grain roof material, 20ft, 10 for me 10 for my friend. The parts came in a medium flat box and the material on a roll 64" wide. The freight was to Tasmania, Australia. Total time from placement to receiving was two weeks three days, which for an overseas order I would consider not a bad delivery. My rub, over fifty percent of the goods made" overseas--R.O.C"
and of course not pleased about the extra freight costs. I purchased a radiator shell from a local Australian vendor, again made in R.O.C. looked nice, but poor sharp edged finish and the metal is not as good as the originals. Why do some vendors not accept your charge card with their on line order system---makes it difficult for first time buyers, faxes and the like.
This is not a vendor bashing episode, but it has happened.