View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #103
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Re: Who Can Diagnose THIS Total Mystery? Win A Prize?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary WA View Post
Mitch//PA, I'm not a parts changer and we know the problem, it's not running correctly!!! I have three model A's built by me and others no problems there! As far as Sgwilson904 thread I was JUST trying to help him out with a similar problem he has! I apologize if I took over HIS thread! I wasn't the one who continued his thread, it was all the replies that we in Washington have tried with no results. Seems as tho you don't have the answer for the correct fix EITHER! I'll leave it here and be even nicer!!!!! Have a Good Day!!!!
you know the problem its not running correctly. well thats the complaint and the problem is what part or component is at fault:::
How do you know your problem is the same thing thats happening in fl ? Maybe the same symptoms but possibly not the same failure.

i suggested putting inline a simple spark tester to visually ck the intensity and pattern of it when it acts up.
mike k suggested to use that carb float tool to see if the bowl is running low on fuel. these simple things can lead you to attack which system if any of the two are the trouble.

If it was diagnosed properly which advice was given of how to do that in the above replies to determine which system is at fault ELECTRICAL / IGNITION / MECHANICAL or FUEL it could have been solved easily without replacing everything that has already been thrown at it. If that isn't parts changing what is and apparently whats been done in Washington was just that. anybody can replace parts and hope it's fixed but what service is that to the less knowledgeable who asks for help here. take your modern car to a repair facility would you want parts thrown at it till its fixed? that could become mighty expensive and these old A's can add up also. sorry if your upset but thats the way i see it. continue on shooting everyone down on all the things that have been thrown at it.
and yes i can properly diagnose and repair this vehicle, determine which system is at fault without tossing parts on it, and then test the appropriate components. so continue on you have done a good job so far thats why this poor guy is in fl with a broken truck.
Congrats you won the prize

mitch//pa

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 01-28-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Typo
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote