View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
Kevin in NJ

Default Re: !929 Roadster Rumble Seat Pan asistance

Do you have the correct panel?

There are 2 different curved inner panels. I know the cabriolet used the shorter one, but the roadster might have used a long one??? I do not know which is correct for your car. I thought the 28-29 roadster used a tall lower rear panel and that would need long curved inner panel. Please someone in the know speak up.

I did not get my 3 holes on the sides to line up with the original triangle brackets and so I drilled new ones.

You have to keep in mind that all the repro parts do not work well together. You have make it all work. You also need the rumble stops as you are going to have to make them fit that angle too. I had to adjust the repro rumble stops to fit the repro curved inner panel. I made the holes all match up to the original rumble platform holes at the back edge. If you know of an original rumble platform then you may want to make a template of the holes and copy them.

You are going to have side mounts, is that correct? I ask because you would need the banana brace that is riveted to the curved inner panel and a square hole cut in the curved inner panel.
Kevin in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote