View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 04:43 PM   #9
P.S.

Default Re: Manifold Gasket Replacement - New Video by Paul Shinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1930-Pickup View Post
You have parts that are so warped that air leaks in and effects the way the engine runs, unless you use sealant. Okay, if sealant fixes your engine, cool.

I do believe that just about any engine with a fluids connection of some sort will have some leakage, albeit very little. Heck, if three molecules of air slip past, then technically it leaks. The leak only matters if its relevant.

Neither the block nor the parts are "warped". You are jumping to a conclusion. Either you did not watch the video, or you skipped the part where I showed the close-up of the casting texture on the engine block. I'm making sure the gaskets seal properly against the block with what looks like orange peel texture on it.

Could I get away without the sealant? Probably. Do I want to take the chance? No. It's my car, so I do it my way. I started making videos like that to help others, not try and be some sort of authority on the subject. If my videos don't help you, that's OK. You don't have to like them or me. This is supposed to be fun, don't let my mechanical choices steal your joy.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote