View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 02:22 AM   #5
montanafordman

Default Re: How many Model A's is the perfect number?

I keep hearing they are like Lays Potato chips - you can't have just one. I have a 1931 coupe that I inherited from my grandfather. The downside to my coupe is that I can only take 1 passenger (two if we're cozy) but the fact that its my grandfather's car and the memories I have tied up in it I will keep it above any others. I would love to have a sedan - or even a second car with a rumble seat to take the family or more friends along but the problem I see is that it might stall my progress and motivation for the restoration of my own car even more.

There is also an issue with space for me. I hardly have enough room in my garage to restore 1 car - let alone store 2. Perhaps later in life if I have a greater income and larger garage I can entertain the thought of owning two - once my coupe is done and I"m driving that I can use the tools and expertise restoring my first model A to preserving a second. For now I think its best I only have one. I have a hard enough time staying focused on maintaining progress to one day get it done!