Thread: crash
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 05:02 AM   #28
Karl

Default Re: crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
you know, thanks fellas for the wishes....I'm still smiling, I mean stuff happens....things are; it's not just the panel damage, it's like, how do I replace the nos locking hubcap, which is now destroyed, bought for top dollar from the USA, the spare wheel cover, which was a real good one, purchased off of a USA Fordbarn member, it's those little personalised, treasured bits that are irreplaceable, how do I replace stuff like that?
I only have third party insurance on all my old vintage stuff; after all, I'm not gonna prang it am I?...lol. So, my insurance is meaningless in this case. OK, my fault for not carrying comprehensive insurance. And this old biddy who hit me, yes Ian, she's with AMI. I finally got through to them on the phone, they haven't received a claim from her. her car is totalled! I've tried ringing her repeatedly, no answer. I hope the old dear hasn't gone and died or whatever!!
The fun of it all.
I hope she is ok but they don't handle the shock of it very well . A couple of years ago I was at a vintage car show and an elderly couple were rear ended as they sat waiting to turn into the event ( a young kid looking down to text as he was driving). Man was it some bang One of the other Doctors I work with was there and we provided first aid until the ambulance arrived -Between us there was 70+ years of medical experience but there is little you can do with no gear -We we worried about the man who was quite shocked The ambulance staff felt he was fine and were worried about his wife. They took both to hospital she was discharged after 2 days he spent 3 weeks in hospital and unfortunately passed away . He never really got over the shock of it -Karl