View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 09:48 PM   #13
PalAl

Default Re: 160-A Standard Fordor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peters View Post
Al: In nearly 40 years of Model A's, this is my first 31. It has an indented firewall, another unique plus. It also has hydraulic brakes out of a 40 Ford, or something. 12" drums. If I can get them to work, it will stop great. Otherwise, back to mechanical brakes. This is no show car by any stretch, just a fun driver, so keeping an open mind. BTW, it hasn't been run in many years, but engine internals should be clean. Will check that before starting the hibernating engine. Always room for one more?
Took me a while to find the pictures, this is my first car, a 1930. I pulled the hydraulic brakes from a 40 Ford in a Chicago junk yard and got some spacers and other parts at Warshawsky & CO on State St in Chicago. Got my first ticket in this car, speeding, no hood and a broken headlight! The Officers billy club somehow broke the light when I got smart with him. Then told me he knew my Dad and wanted to know if he should talk to him about the headlight, I think you know what my answer was.\...LOL If I remember right JC Whitney the mail order part of the Warshawsky was right around the corner, same building. Check out the cars in the background.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WARSHAWSKY & CO.jpg (44.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 1930.coupe.1963.001.jpg (41.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 1930.coupe.1963.002.jpg (39.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 1930.coupe.1963.003.jpg (26.8 KB, 45 views)
PalAl is offline   Reply With Quote