View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 07:17 PM   #67
Ronnieroadster

Default Re: What is the price of a rebuilt flathead??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
Hey Ronnie - interesting note on the low number heads that you have. The funny thing is that they must not have made all the number sequential - or they would have had to make more than 225 - 250 sets. Who knows . . . it is not really important anyway as none of us can really know how many are still around the planet. I'm sure a lot of them were "lost" along the way. Are you running the stock rockers in your 32 . . . or a set from Ferguson?

Hi Dale the reason the head numbers are all over the place was due to the fact when a set was sold at the New York office a call was then placed to England where the foundry was located that made all the parts. Once a pair of heads was ready to ship to NY the serial numbers were then stamped on the heads. Since this took place at random times after a while no sequence was used just random numbers were eventually being stamped on the heads. The rocker assembly's I use today are the Ferguson rollers. I changed to the rollers for the added ratio the rollers give. The original rocker assembly's from my high mileage heads still look like new the oiling system I developed provides the needed lubrication that eliminates any wear.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote