Thread: Trip
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 11:55 PM   #71
Lawrie

Default Re: Trip

Jeff, caravan was parked about 3 klms away, as for the horizon, I would think 20 or 40 klms away,
I have the good fortune to meet up with the local mechanic come mail man, and will go out with him on the mail and freight run tomorrow, he will pick me up at 6-30 and get back late in the arfo, delivering to some of the largest and remote properties,
One of the other benefits of traveling in the old ford,lots of people talk to you and this is the result of one conversation, a friend owned this large station until 3 yrs back s.o I will get to visit it tomorrow,when my friend owned it he told me there were those funny engines with all the nuts and spark plugs on them laying every where so I’m taking the camera.
Country hospitality is alive and well out here,dinner at the pub last night ,rib fill steak and salad with chips, nearly filled the plate and separate bowl of salad ,as cheap as,
Free ice creams after and also today I got an ice cream from the pub, no on3 there so I left $$ on the counter,later they came and gave me May $$ back as the ice creams were free also
Lawrie
Lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote