View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 04:45 PM   #142
Lee Stohr

Default Re: The Terry Burtz 5 main bearing engine blocks are back on track.

Hi guys, I am new on this group, but I have been following Terry's work for many years. I actually visited him in California long ago when he was starting this project. I'm very glad to see that it is nearing completion, the design looks really good, as you would expect from someone with his skills.

I have been reading the thread, and I see comments about how we can't cast engine blocks in the USA, we've lost the skills, labor costs are going up in China (according to the Apple CEO) etc. I beg to disagree. I am getting the following engine blocks made here in the USA, in Michigan: Bugatti Type 57, Miller 122, 1907 Pierce Arrow, 1909 Christie. We've actually sold & shipped Bugatti blocks to Europe. It's expensive to work in the USA, for a lot of reasons we don't need to get into here on a car forum. But the skills and foundry's are here. I'm certainly not alone, guys like Tod B. make me feel like an amateur.

Anyway, I apologize, this is not my thread, so I'll leave it there. I do look forward to watching the completion of Terry's work.
Lee Stohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)