View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 10:13 PM   #14
Synchro909

Default Re: The Terry Burtz 5 main bearing engine blocks are back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWPASADENA View Post
I would like to be able to build a good higher HP reliable engine for serious touring.

If I have a choice, I would much rather BUY AMERICAN and support our own industries.

Our country has suffered a great loss of basic manufacturing industries and for a strong independent country, we need to have the ability to manufacturer ourselves and not have to depend on offshore sources.

This is my opinion and I am sure others may disagree.

Chris W.

I fully understand this but let's think about it. We have the same situation here in Australia - in fact since GM and Ford closed local production, I know people who will not buy either brand because of the way the closures affected our local manufacturing. If every country took the same attitude and their people only bought locally made stuff, what would be the end game for doing so? IMO, because of the smaller scale runs, manufactured good would be more expensive all over the world, the world economy would slow, then, well, we know where that leads.
Everybody thinks that their own country - the one where they grew up and where they feel most comfortable is the best. I think they are all correct and we ignor that to our peril.
Nothing is as simple as we first think.
I have diverged from Model As so I'll leave it at that!