View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 07:03 PM   #11
Synchro909

Default Re: Anybody else quit Ebay because of fees and tax?

Every now and then, I look at Model As on ebay but I find I'm doing it less and less frequently these days. There are hardly any Model A by the time you take out the hot rods (should not be called a Model A) and dealers. I get really peeved when I see a chopped and lowered Model A with a V8 engine and automatic transmission listed as a Model A. IT IS NOT! Ebay ignore their misrepresentation. The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is an independent authority that promotes competition and honesty between businesses and consumers. I wouldn't be surprised to see them take action in the courts against ebay for their deception. BTW, the ACCC began an action against Google only a few days ago for not properly informing people about how their data was going to be used before collecting it and selling it on. I hope eventually, these companies learn that what might be acceptable in one jurisdiction may not be in another. We take pride in fairness.
Rant over but don't prod me!