View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #10
Tom Endy

Default Re: USB 5v power from Model A 6v geni/battery

You can purchase an inverter from Bratton's that will convert positive ground 6-volt power to 12-volt negative ground power. The device uses a common ground so there is no concern about isolating devices being powered. The inverter is small and can be mounted out of sight.

The part number is 14940, on page 65 of the Bratton catalog, rated at 2.5 amps. Sells for $100.

I bought one several years ago and mounted it on a bracket that tucks under the dash rail of my Vic and added an off\on switch, indicator light, and a cigarette lighter type power outlet. I use it to recharge my cell phone and power my Garmen.

You can read about it in a technical article. Go to www.ocmafc.org, click on tech articles in the left hand menu, click on my name at the top of the new page and scroll down to "power inverter".

If you click on the above web site you will get a window that says the domain has expired. I don't know what that is all about, the web site is still there. Do a google search for "Orange County Model A Ford Club".

Tom Endy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dash-2.JPG (25.6 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by Tom Endy; 06-17-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Tom Endy is offline   Reply With Quote