Thread: WCFB - No Gas
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #2
KULTULZ

Post Re: WCFB - No Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR View Post

My 56 Monterey Wagon which has a stock 312 automatic set up. It has been sitting for a couple of months and it will not start. I narrowed it down to no gas in the carburetor. I poured a little in the carburetor and it would start for a few seconds.

The fuel pump is getting gas to the carburetor. I pumped the throttle many times and not seeing any gas streaming from the primaries. I do not know much about carburetors but I do know I want to change out the WCFB and Loadamatic soon.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
How do you know the pump is delivering fuel to the carb? Do you have a pressure gauge or did you remove the line @ the carb to see if it shoots (be very careful here)?

By pouring gas into the throttle opening and it's attempting to start tells you the IGN SYS is OK. You will most likely find (if you have pump delivery) that the carb has become gummed up as a result of today's gasoline. The fuel evaporates very quickly and leaves deposits behind.

You might try adding fuel into the fuel bowl through the bowl vent and see if that will free deposits in the carb after a while. Otherwise a cleaning and kit will be needed.

Is this a driver or are you trying to stay somewhat authentic?

- WHY IS IT ... -

... that everything you buy in the grocery store is either wrapped in or contained in plastic but the government doesn't want you to carry it out in a plastic bag?

WONDERING IN W(BY GOD)V ...

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)