Thread: This is funny
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 12:23 PM   #40
Licensed to kill

Default Re: This is funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike51Merc View Post
What it means regarding posts is that if a topic has been beaten to death before, there is no sense in beating the dead horse again. You can just read about it instead of asking people to talk about it again.
It seems to me that, if someone drags up an old thread, they obviously HAVE "read about it" but didn't find the answers they were looking for. I doubt very much that are any subjects that have NOT been discussed in the past on forums like this that have a rather narrow focus so, if people are going to be offended by people bringing up topics that have already beed discussed before, the forum may as well just be locked down and used as an archive. Fortunately, not all long time members get annoyed by newcomers asking questions that are new to them but old to the guy that has been in this hobby for decades and are eager to help newcomers with their new found hobby. For those that already know it all and get tired of, or are just not interested in helping newcomers, just don't read or respond to the questions!!!. In fact, If someone feels that they already know it all and are not interested in helping newcomers, it makes me wonder why they even log on in the first place.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote