View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #30
Licensed to kill

Default Re: Of Interest to members, a reminder of why to inspect your tow rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman View Post
I really think you ought to research the car you are writing off as a towcar. The car in the accident certainly doesn't have a kerb weight of 1400kg, that's the weight of a modern European hatchback. A Range Rover is a powerful, sophisticated and proven towcar. I'm sorry that it's not made in the USA but many things are better that way.
I think you may have misunderstood my post. I didn't intend to suggest that the RR in the accident had a curb weight of 1400KG, just that, according to the link you provided, there are two examples that are listed as such with the same towing capacity as those nearly twice as heavy. This makes no sense to me. I also didn't intend to suggest that the RR is not "a powerful, sophisticated and proven towcar". That would depend entirely on ones definition of "a powerful, sophisticated and proven towcar". I don't know what a "trailer sailer" is (I suspect a small sail boat????) but I do know that it doesn't take much to haul a model A or a single horse. Regarding the accident in question, it's entirely possible that the accident had nothing to do with the choice of tow vehicle but, then again, it may also be that the load was just too much for the tow vehicle. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter and i don't care. The important thing is that nobody was hurt and the loss of the Rolls is tragic IMO.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote