View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 09:52 PM   #53
A 2 B

Default Re: Title goes with Frame or Engine?

I bought a 1930 Model A coupe from Michigan and imported it to Canada. The car had a V8 Flathead installed in the late 50s and was stored away since 1962. The owner still had the original engine which I declined to buy when it was offered. I acted as my own broker and presented all the required paper work when exporting. Both, state authorities and the federal customs in the US were only concerned if there were any liens on the vehicle and it was legally signed over by the owner with their name on the ownership. They did not request to see the chassis number or the engine number. They did contact the previous owner to verify the sale. Once in Canada, the license bureau only needed the number on the ownership. They didn't care about the engine number or the frame number. All 3 numbers did match though and the same number is now on the new Ontario ownership.

All it takes is a few calls to the appropriate authorities to find out what is expected since every state/province may have varying requirements. Any buyer should have the needed info beforehand.
A 2 B is offline   Reply With Quote