View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 08:00 PM   #49
Gene F

Default Re: Bone Stock or Modified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moose View Post
I'm not a purist, but I did stay sorta stock, and took a few liberties.

I started with a very tired but running all black 1930 Tudor on 16" wheels. Came with 19" wheels also, and they balanced out great. Probably was Andalusite blue originally, based on the paint on the fuel tank edges. Seats had been covered in black vinyl, but the frames were all good. I didn't really like the 1930 Tudor colors, and needed some kind of turn signals. I liked the look of cowl lamps.

So I restored with a 31 deluxe Tudor mohair interior and cowl lamps. Used the cowls for front turn signals. Went with Washington Blue and Tacoma Cream, really like that color scheme. I wanted room for a larger trunk at some point, and moved the spare to a side mount. Safety glass all around, of course. Everything else is bone stock, and quite a lot of it is original. The radiator shell and cowl band came out flawless. New England Chrome Plating did great work. The horn was toast, as was the running boards. Added a right tail light.

Any knowledgeable person would know the car is "Not correct" but 99.5% of the people that talk to me have no idea, and they probably don't care. I might be the only side mount Tudor around.

Attachment 448195

So far, I like driving it as it left the factory. As many have mentioned, I like keeping the time machine at 1930. All the parts and colors on the car were being produced by Ford in 1930.
Nice car. It sounds like you drive it, which is the best part.
Gene F is offline   Reply With Quote