Thread: confused
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 10:19 PM   #14
ETAModel

Default Re: confused

Howdy Ports from another Newbie to the model A. It took me a while to figure out the Fordor but now she starts everytime. (It probably won't now that I've bragged on it)
First remember to turn on the fuel. The guy who sold it said he hangs his keys on the lever to tell him it's off, when the keys won't hang its on. This car has 2 valves, one under the hood, one under the dash. They both need to be open.

Then I move the throttle until I see the foot feed move. It doesn't hurt to have more throttle, you can back it off when she starts. Move the spark to the top.
It starts easier with the GAV a full turn off bottom. Where that is on your car is unimportant.

Here's where I was having trouble. I didn't listen to the seller and pulled the choke until it started, which usually meant it would flood. When I finally followed his instructions and pulled the choke for one revolution then closed it the motor started the first couple turns. It was amazing how simple it was but I thought I knew better.
Pull the choke for ONE revolution, then close it. It should start. If someone has already said this I'm sorry.
Good luck.
ETAModel is offline   Reply With Quote