View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 11:34 PM   #18
gz

Default Re: 2021 Long Beach Model T Club Swap Meet

Yup, it was certainly a great swap meet. I made the trek out from Detroit and it was definitely worthwhile. I grew up going to the Long Beach Model T swap meet (and was a club member when I was much younger) but had not attended in several years.

I was told they sold over 300 spaces which was apparently up from previous years. The majority of the stuff being sold was definitely prewar with lots of Model T, Model A and non-Ford brass/twenties/thirties era parts for sale. There was an abundance for Model A and V-8 speed equipment in all categories. In addition to some great cars on display, there were some interesting complete and project cars for sale. There was lots of good, original automobilia for sale as well. I thought overall prices were extremely fair and the sellers I encountered were motivated to bargain and find new homes for their iron. Most of the sellers were collector types, there are very few commercial vendors at this meet.

It was interesting to note the amount of younger people at this swap meet that were both buying and selling. I noticed more younger people at this predominantly prewar event that I have at most predominantly postwar events.

I bought a lot of parts but had to limit myself to what I could ship home as I flew there. If I had a truck, I would have really loaded up.

Of course, the best part about it was seeing old friends and meeting a few new ones. This event holds so many great memories and has always been a Gathering of the Faithful, so to speak. This was the Long Beach Model T Club's 67th swap meet and it has always been one of the old car hobbies most anticipated events. Thanks to the LBMTC for continuing to keep this alive. It takes a lot of work to make an event like this happen but it is certainly appreciated by all who attend.

I look forward to returning next year.

Here are some not-very-good photos I took as the meet was winding down. There was much more activity earlier in the day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LB1.jpg (82.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg LB2.jpg (64.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg LB3.jpg (48.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg LB4.jpg (62.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg LB5.jpg (56.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg LB6.jpg (54.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg LB7.jpg (55.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg LB8.jpg (52.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg LB9.jpg (55.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg LB10.jpg (50.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg LB11.jpg (72.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg LB12.jpg (47.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg LB13.jpg (37.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg LB14.jpg (53.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg LB15.jpg (67.9 KB, 20 views)
gz is offline   Reply With Quote