View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 08:21 PM   #1
Model A Ron

Default Thank you to Randy Gross (F100 Steering Box)

I just wanted to give Randy Gross a big Thank You for the F100 Steering box that I ordered for my 29 Phaeton. Should I need anything from him in the future Randy is my man and I recommend him to everyone on hear.

My car was restored however it had a worn out 7 tooth that was neglected in the restoration, or not restored correctly that made it unsafe to go over 35mph in my opinion. When I joined up with my local Model A club I found many members with the same unsafe condition in their cars. Many people just accepted this condition and told me I would become accustomed to constantly correcting my steering.

long story short I could not accept this and looked into rebuilding my 7 tooth however I quickly realized that Henry had a reason for going to a 2 tooth. Lucky for me Randy had the solution. Not only does the car steer great but it has the very big advantage of the 17 to 1 ratio making it much easier to steer.

I can honestly say I enjoy my car much more and feel safe when behind the wheel. I even got her up to 62 mph and she could not have steered better.

If your planning on using you car and racking up the miles with a worn out steering box do yourself a favor and look into getting one of Randy's F100 Steering boxes.

Attached are a few photos of what Randy's box looks like in my 29 Phaeton.

Once more Thank you Randy Gross!!!!!

Regards,
Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1F100.jpg (56.0 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg 2F100.jpg (54.2 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg 4F100.jpg (51.0 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by Model A Ron; 04-14-2021 at 08:37 PM.
Model A Ron is offline   Reply With Quote