View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 08:50 PM   #4
Eagle43

Default Re: 1952 F1 with a FE 352

Just an update on this topic. I've done some more research and I've come to the conclusion that it is not possible to properly fit a FE 352 in a F1. LMC and Speedway sell motor mounts that will work for a 1953 F100 and later.

Yesterday we pulled the FE 352 out of my 1952 F1 and got a closer look at how it was installed and I thought I'd post a few pictures to show how poorly this was done. As you can see the weight of the motor was resting on the outer edge of the frame lip and the tail end of the tranny was resting on the skimpy remains of the center cross member which also supports the master cylinder. Not visible is the chunk cut out of the upper frame lip to accommodate the right exhaust. The sump is pretty bashed in since it is directly above and too close to the front axle.

I already have a replacement cross member and the two front motor mounts which got tossed so I'll be installing the V8 flathead after I finish cleaning and painting the rest of the frame. I'll have to move the cab to get the new cross member in.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote