View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 03:07 PM   #1
daveymc29

Default 29 Roadster seat question (Upholstery)

A number of years back, as I was entering my roadster, I leaned in, put my fist onto the seat and proceeded to enter the drivers compartment, just as I had done numerous times prior. This time my hand suddenly went through the material and I had created a hole right where I was going to sit. I have determined that it is about time to repair the damage. Took the seat out and find that the coil springs seem to be a bit weak and they are no longer tied together as tightly as the rest of the seat cushion. I also noticed that there were four spring rods that ran fore and aft along the width of the seat. one below the break in material is broken in a couple of places and will need to be replaced.
So, Cartouche has the material that is a close match if I do the cushion and the backrest, it will probably pass muster. My question is do I buy a new spring cushion, if so from whom, or do I try to replace coils as needed and the aligning spring? Any other choices and any comments will be appreciated. I can put the material on myself, but not sure of my ability to replace the weak coils and the locating springs correctly.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote