View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 12:14 AM   #40
fred93

Default Re: 29 Tudor charging system question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
That big C shaped ring is another give away for an original type. I've not seen it in the reproductions.

The other posts are correct about the voltage change. Bad batteries and wiring in poor condition or loose connection can cause higher voltage depending on how high the 3rd brush is set. Ohm's law pretty well accounts for higher voltage if current output is high. The resistance, amperage, and voltage all affect each other according to Ohm's Law.
Thanks for your reply-

The battery is six months old and I keep it charged up so that if I need to move the car I will be ready.

I have replaced ALL of the wiring in this car. After I did the wiring I checked everything to make sure it works. I am very well educated in automotive electrical repair. I always make sure that all connections are clean and tight. And well grounded! I have even added additional ground wires where needed. There is a non-original (I think it is not original) ground strap that is attached to the transmission and then to the frame. The ground strap that connects to the battery is new and the frame was ground down to bare metal where that strap attaches to the frame. I have checked all my grounds with a Fluke 88 meter and they all checked out okay.

Sorry if I seem to be ranting but I am very frustrated at this point since I am very close to having this project finished and giving it back into the hands of the owner instead of sitting in my shop (which it has been for the last ten years due to multiple health issues!!!)

If I need to purchase a new generator so be it--I need it finished!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6399.jpg (74.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6393.JPG (85.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6396.jpg (83.8 KB, 11 views)