View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 11:09 PM   #60
GB SISSON

Default Re: What in Tarnation?

Been running this contraption in the frame over the weekend. The hydraulic clutch is ready to bleed, the remote oil filter all buttoned up, alternator wired etc. etc. If it had a steering box and a wheel (or vice grips)I could rig up a seat tomorrow and drive it around the property. (with no brakes).... The clutch master cylinder is on a bracket bolted to the two diagonal horn mounting holes on the left frame rail. I used a piece of light weight 3/4: dia steel tubing for the long push rod from the clevis on the stock clutch pedal. Threads at both ends. Braided steel line crosses under the pan to the slave cyl on the right side. My son is working with me tomorrow so I hope we can pull it out of the dark cave we call a shop and get some pics or better yet a video. With sound. There is a lot of sound involved with a 2' straight pipe. And yes it smells pretty bad running it in the cave unless of course you like diesel smell. Oh, and I have yet to drill even the smallest hole in the frame.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote