View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #53
joeypoconos

Default Re: Is There An Electrician In The House?

Bob C - I'll give that a try.

Tom - As you suggested in an earlier post, connected volt meter to generator case and ground, negative battery post to starter case, junction box wing nut to wing nut with no movement of meter.

Borrowed a circuit/spark plug tester from a buddy. Probed system end to end, everything checked out normal.

Have a buddy that runs a repair business in town. He suggested running a voltage drop test, same as Tom recommended many posts ago. My bad, never ran the test but I will when my better half gets home (needs two people).

My buddy gave me the number of a retired fellow who owned/operated a generator repair business. I called and explained the problem. From my description, he does not think the generator is the culprit but can't be sure. He suggested running a jumper cable from the generator housing to the battery ground post to eliminate a generator grounding problem. I did, nothings changed. He also feels there could be an internal problem with the battery. I'm going to have it tested.

I've been googling the web in search of a similar problem. Came across this link. Although the problem described (almost identical to mine) is with a Harley Davidson, the HD's electrical system appears to be very similar to the Model A's.

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...hp/t-9440.html

Last edited by joeypoconos; 09-10-2012 at 07:50 PM.
joeypoconos is offline   Reply With Quote