View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 06:44 AM   #15
woofa.express

Default Re: Goodbye my Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHASZARD View Post
In 1968 I was a US Army chopper pilot in Viet Nam and took my R&R over Christmas to Sydney. My cousin Jim Haszard Epps was city engineer then. I remember his address was on "
Wangalee". The Opera house was newly completed. There were many new cars that looked exactly like 1960 Ford Falcons. I believe the molds for the body panels must have been passed along.
Two days after returning from the R&R I was hit and medivaced while trying to rescue wounded grunts in a bomb crater under fire.
Bob Caldwell was also a Viet Nam helicopter pilot, I think based in DaNanang. I've seen what I thought to be the hangers there, semi circle construction. Is this correct? He returned to his family cropdusting business in Williams California.
Bob was shot, the bullet entering the right ear piece, tracked around the back of the helmet and exited through the left ear piece. It's track clearly marked. I know this to be correct because I've held and seen the helmet.
Sadly he died of prostate cancer about 2000. A gentleman of a fellow also popular. I wrote of him in the thread 'tell a model A related story". It's worth a read.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote