View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 10:55 PM   #18
ford38v8

Default Re: Holley 94 accelerator pump tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStefan View Post
Thank you sir I appreciate that. I have all the parts now. I was in the process of reassembling the carb and i noticed the pump only moves down like a half inch or so. After that the pump rod (not sure of the actual name but the rod that actually moves the pump) continues to move down but the pumps bottomed out. Does that sound right? I know the pump just gets you off idle and I admit I've never paid attention to how much it moves, I just figured it was more than that. I'm holding off on finishing the rebuild until I get this figured out.
CJStefan, rebuild kits generally have parts for other carbs included. Accelerator pump rods being one of those, the longer rod is for the 94, I never knew what carb that short rod is for.
In one of your previous posts, you asked if adjusting the mixture screws would be the same as moving the C clip. The answer to that is no, those adjustment screws are for the idle circuit, not related to the accelerator circuit. Your best bet is to read the nomenclature of the 94 carb to understand the functions of the three different circuits and how they function in operation.