View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 09:27 AM   #15
51woodie

Default Re: Stock Duece Coupe

I know this post is about '32s, but the couple I bought my '46 Super Deluxe from had several Ford cars for sale, ranging from 1920's to the '46. The '46 was love at first site, even for my wife! When I started talking about the purchase, they asked me more questions than I asked them. Did I like the flathead, would I put a SBC of a crate Ford engine in it. Would I change the rear end and put discs on it for better brakes, as well as many more questions. I started to wonder why all the questions, because the only yes reply was that I liked the flathead, and my intent was to keep it as original as possible. The stern questions went to a smile, to handshakes and a sale. I found out that it was the ladies father's car, and his wish before passing away, was that the car should not be "hot rodded". When I got the car cleaned up and in good running order, I went back to visit the couple, and she went to tears when she saw the car. She said, "Dad would be sooooo happy". I don't know what will happen to the car when I'm gone, but I hope it goes to someone that doesn't own a Saws All
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA040118.jpg (83.6 KB, 28 views)
51woodie is offline   Reply With Quote