View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #14
gearhead1952

Default Re: More panel trucks please :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperhead View Post
Gearhead52, what's the history of your panel? looks solid as hell and looks like you are doing it up right.

This one does have a nice body, better than most I have had or seen. I bought this one with no drivetrain and no front or rear suspension. It was pretty much gutted. It was sitting on a wrecked blazer frame that had a rear axle and that was all. The back was loaded full of crap and was a bear to load on the trailer. I have done mostly a mechanical resto to it and the plan was to make it a driver and keep the patina. It is running and driveable now and doing the finishing touches before I put the front sheetmetal on and call it done.

The frame is super nice on it. I had an extra rear axle and driveshaft, and found a 3spd floor shift trans in Texas and replaced its guts. The engine I bought off ebay a few years ago and came out of a car so I had to convert it for truck use. Has lots of oil pressure runs strong with no smoke or blowby.

The next big job is dealing with the gas tank, hope the one I have can be used. I'll post more pics once I get the sheetmetal on.
gearhead1952 is offline   Reply With Quote