View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 04:31 PM   #9
Joe K

Default Re: Cracked Wheels ???

Quote:
I sent two raw good wheels to serve as cores. The wheels I traded in were very good wheels. The ones. I received were appearing good but not as smooth as the ones I sent him. They were acceptable to me but a few months later, I found the cracks.
Sounds like vendor/powdercoater (same thing here) didn't dye check and powdercoated some wheels that were 'on their way out."

Now you in driving have "flexed" the wheels normally and cracked the somewhat brittle powdercoating revealing the flaw.

I'm thinking "his pick" was none to good for you. But GREAT for him.

I would talk to them. Nobody worth their position in the hobby would let this go unanswered as a claim - there is safety involved. And, of course, the informational power of the Internet - ones reputation would be worth dog poop in short order.

His reply will tell you if he cares. And wants more business.

Joe K
Who brought Arnold Goff to task when he "reconditioned" two wheels for me, and on my picking them up and lifting the wheels by the spokes, found one spoke loose.

"Gee didn't you "ring" the spokes looking for flaws before you went to the trouble of blasting and coating these?"

"Don't worry Joe, I'll handle it. Come back in a week."

Arnold made good on it.

J