View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 12:12 PM   #61
Kilohertz

Default Re: Let's start a junkyard fuel injection discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Henry View Post
If you decide to pick up a Megasquirt ECU it can definitely alternate injector firing between the two circuits. I had mine set up that way at first but it didn't work well due to my single plane manifold I think, with one injector closer to the rear cylinders and one closer to the front. Can you use a WB O2 input into the GM ECM?
If I can find a Megasquirt at a reasonable price I would certainly try it, I have wanted to for a few years. I was going to fuel inject one of my dune buggies, was going to build an old D or L Jetronic system but just never got around to it. I have all the parts and good FI engine cores.

I'm not sure about wide band O2 on the GM ECM? I am still searching for how to program the darn thing. I can find lots of BIN files with mods that have been done by others, but just not the logic or program that translates the binary into something like, "add more fuel at this RPM and vacuum" etc. I'll figure it out eventually.

I am currently building a WIN95 or 98 machine, boy that's fun, so I can run my old DOS based EPROM programmer. Sure glad I kept all my old Windows software...once a nerd, always a nerd. The hardest part is finding a 486 machine...ha ha.

Cheers