View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 11:38 AM   #43
HotRodmicky

Default Re: Let's start a junkyard fuel injection discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Henry View Post
Here are a few pictures of my setup. The throttle bodies are Ducati S4R and have one injector each that squirts in below the throttle plate. I swapped the green top Ducati injectors for yellow Subaru injectors that flow ~50% more fuel, as I found the duty cycle was close to maxing out on the originals. Megasquirt is a little tricky to get the hang of and uses TunerStudio running on a laptop for tuning. I bought the 'full' version for a few dollars and it has an autotune function that helps get the fuel map dialed in. There is no way I could got it working without that feature! Other hassles:
running a fuel return line, installing a high pressure electric fuel pump (I put mine in the stock tank), and fitting the trigger wheel to the 8ba crankshaft pulley. I originally tried to run the ignition with Petronix in the distributor and Megasquirt as the coil driver, but couldn't get it to work well. The Ford EDIS system is a little older now but very robust and works great. This was my first conversion. I've since done the same on my Corvair and it was much easier thanks to lessons learned! Each conversion has to be at least $1500, though I don't dare try to add up receipts for any of this. I'm on the younger side for the flathead crowd at 42, which might explain part of the draw to fuel injection; tired of fuel drying up in the bowls or percolating on a hot day and flooding the engine! The driveability is about the same otherwise. Power is up slightly but that's more attributable to going from the stock single to dual intake manifold I think... Ken

DEB4B753-9179-4C19-A7A7-0254C2A6C133 by kenhenry_06268, on Flickr

34197E50-A571-49B3-AAF6-8E28AC49C26C by kenhenry_06268, on Flickr

0A123251-307B-42A6-BCB7-1AFA70AF1D46 by kenhenry_06268, on Flickr
Hi ,
Great set up !
do you have a part number for the yellow subaru injectors?
Because they dont look like the " normal" injectors that i know .
HotRodmicky is offline   Reply With Quote