View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 08:21 AM   #12
Corley

Default Re: A Model A Thinking out Loud.

Dear AHOOGA,

I am sorry to be a downer on your fine biography, and all the hard work you put into writing it, fine job by the way, but there is a technical issue which your mother, the model T, may have misinformed you about. It's that rear axle description, where you claim that your rear end is full floating. Now my own rear end is sagging rather badly, so I understand how the terminology might have gotten confused, but to be accurate, and not put the wrong information out there for some newer model A owners to latch onto, (they are such a clingy bunch), it is probably worth mentioning that your rear axle, just like mine, is not full floating. It is not even semi floating, as the axle shaft Carry's the full load of the car.

That is the bad news. The good news is that the rear xle is made so tough, that they rarely ever have a failure, so they are almost as good as a floating rear axle. I'm sure you would not want to fool any of those young tuner cars out there with their dead rear axle, so I figured you would not mind the very minor correction to your otherwise fine biography.

Elvira

PS. I was born in 1928, am an all black sweetheart, and looking for a nice man car boy friend like you seem to be, can we get together? Please send a picture first... Oh, and I never did have that chicken thingy hung on my rear bumper, so I am very reliable! Elvi
Corley is offline   Reply With Quote