View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 01:39 PM   #6
holdover

Default Re: Recap of the "Let's get personal" thread

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Have 7 & 11 yr old grand kids that love them, will that continue, who knows. My son likes them, will he keep all of them or sell a few or all, who knows. I know this, I enjoy them and will as long as I can, maybe to my last breath. What happens to them at that point is beyond my control and I do not worry about the cars future. My son is car savy and if he sells it will be at a fair price, not a give away. Neither of us need the extra money that a sale would provide, so that issue is not there as often is.
In the next few minutes we'll go as a family to cut a Christmas tree, we'll drive there in our '29 CCPU and take pics, as we have for a number of years. Will that and all the other rides we take make the grand kids want to keep them , I hope so. The 11 yr old wants to drive the '29 Coupe to school when he gets his drivers license in 5 years, I hope he will have Model As in his mind for the rest of his life..as I did in mine.

One other thing about driving the '29 to the Christmas tree farm. When we get there almost everyone admires the truck and usually a few people ask if it is for sale. I think there are many people out there with disposable income to get into As, and that may well be the future of our hobby..

Last edited by holdover; 12-08-2018 at 01:44 PM.
holdover is offline   Reply With Quote