View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #66
P.S.

Default Re: What is average highway speed for the model a?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
The new cars have touch screens in them that control everything, including the cabin tempurature. They are VERY distracting. It is frightening how much cars are computerized. Modern drivers find comfort in taking their eyes off the road and playing with menus on their touch screen. I really wish touch screen anything would be banned in cars.

The new cars also incorporate sensors to panic stop the car if it senses something in front of it. A colleague was driving 45-50 on a fairly busy 2-lane and a bird flew across his path. The car did a panic stop and the car behind him slammed into him, followed by the car behind that. He was seriously injured, and all because a computer took over the driving when it had no business doing so. Imagine that scenario playing out more and more from now on. How many lives and Model As will be lost to the computerization of cars?

Self driving cars drive as if being chased by the cops. Very frightening watching the Google cars weave in and out of traffic trying to jockey for one more car length ahead of the group. I was cut off by one of Google's self driving cars on 137 and it very nearly caused a collision right in front of me. Apparently, the self driving cars do not see Model A fenders as part of the car. Those self driving demons ought to be banned as well.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote