View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 08:59 AM   #16
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: 1954 Ranch Wagon e brake cable springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNNN View Post

Okay, I've got the pics. Unfortunately, they don't show what I was expecting, but they do show how my ebrake mounting springs have always been for as long as I've owned the car, and I suspect a long time before that. Don't know if that's original. As you can see, on both sides the spring doesn't attach to the frame, but to the U bolts attaching the axle housing to the leaf spring. Note the bracket on the brake cable a little ahead of the spring. The springs seem to accommodate this the way they are. If they were pulling the cables up towards the frame, there would be more conflict with the exhaust pipe. Maybe they put the springs on like this umpteen years ago when they replaced the exhaust, or maybe that's the original placement, I can't say.

Jim
Plausible.

Makes sense. I imagine the tension of the cable housing prevents the spring attachment at the U-Bolt from moving downwards?

- WHY IS IT ... -

... that everything you buy in the grocery store is either wrapped in or contained in plastic but the government doesn't want you to carry it out in a plastic bag?

WONDERING IN W(BY GOD)V ...

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote