View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 01:35 PM   #16
Hster

Default Re: Generator Voltage

Tom,
First let me say I think you are one of the Ford Barn Owls (as in wise not flighty).

Yes, I have moved the third brush to change the generator output it is now set @ 10A.
However I did not check the voltage at different brush settings.

The battery is six moths old. I don't know what the amp hour rating is but it fills the battery box, and turns the starter much faster than my Pickups starter.

After looking at the voltages It sure looks as though the generator is the culprit. Is it possible the field windings could be shorting internally?

I have a FPR on my Pickup and am very happy with it. I installed it without issue.
There has been several issues with the Tudor that I have discovered that indicate whoever did the work had little skill and understanding of the workings of a Model A. I'm not am by no means an accomplished mechanic, but I have been careful to do work that is in keeping
with the Model A's practice. That being said the Tudor has turn internal signals, that is to say, in the cowl lights (two bulbs) and in the tail lights. I am dubious as to wether the wiring is correct after looking at the previous work. For example, the cowl lights are on with the high and low beams on and the lights pull over 15A.

Do you rebuild generators? I have a "spare" that needs work and by the look of it maybe the one thats in the Tudor.
Hster is offline   Reply With Quote