View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 11:19 PM   #17
Randy in ca

Default Re: Frame welting application

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
It has been my experience that just because there was not a deduction given during adjudication does not make it correct or authentic.

With regard to a comment in one of the previous linked posts, there was comment made that I should post a picture that I found at the archives that counters what others believe. This is an area where I am probably a little more lax now in publicly posting images and clips that I have paid for, however there was a time when I was worried about publicly posting images and information that I received from the Benson Library for fear I would not be allowed to research there for breaking their rules. Anymore, I just tend to say "whatever" to those that push their opinion if it counters mine. A great example is a question Hunter Fanning asked here about 10 years ago about frame welting. Marco gave his opinion as to what was correct. He is a great historian and a very knowledgeable restorer for which I have great respect for. I have included something that shows where my research counters what his was. That is why it is suggested in the Standards to restore your car based on your own research.

Brent, It's interesting that you choose to criticize Marco's knowledge by using a single post extracted from a thread that is more than 10 years old and was made on the Old Fordbarn Forum, which can't even be accessed anymore to see what else might have been said at the time. At the same time, the challenged comments you made in the above linked threads, with regard to the frame welting being glued to both the fender and the apron, and not the frame, which were questioned at the time, you have yet to respond to. Care to elaborate now?
Randy in ca is offline   Reply With Quote