View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 01:38 PM   #18
alexiskai

Default Re: Sudden rough running, out of ideas

• GAV: Not the GAV, I tested all sorts of settings
  • Timing gear: Probably not? I've been setting the timing using the timing gear, so I know it is rotating properly.
  • Condenser: It's practically new and it's the burn-proof type, so I'm hesitant to blame the condenser without a test that would point to that as the source
  • Upper plate: I don't know which upper plate it is. It's from MAC's, so I guess that makes it more likely that it's cheap. The lower wireless plate is from Bratton's. So maybe using a different upper plate would help, but again, it's not clear why that would be the source of the problem if all my spark tests are good.
  • Compression test: This sounds worth doing, I'll get the tools for that.

Quote:
too rich condition fouling all your plugs, kind of points to a carb issue since it is affecting all cylinders (all plugs black). If running so rich that it stalls in a couple of minutes and you have to clean plugs the problem is pretty intense.
That does seem to be what's going on, but as you said it's not clear why. Also it doesn't explain why the ammeter would be wiggling when the throttle is at idle.
alexiskai is offline   Reply With Quote