View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 06:04 PM   #305
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Just remember the names in these Tax stories are phoney and NST is "nasty storm trooper" which pertains to the tax department’s inspectors.
We have a tax here and others may well have it too. When one has the private use of company property such as a motor car or aeroplane, one is required to pay fringe benefit tax or FBT for short.

A Most Despicable Act.

Des was an aeroplane painter in our local community. He did an excellent job and had painted hundreds including 7 for myself. We used a common accountant whose name was Cecil. Taxation was conducting an audit on Des’s business and one day they appeared unannounced at Cecil’s office . They were wanting to view additional paper work of Des’s.
Cecil called Des and said he, Cecil, was going to bring an auditor to check more of Des’s paper work. Well Des said just send him out and insisted all would be well. Just put him in a room with a table and leave him be was Cecil's instruction. Don’t even make the man a drink of tea.
Well the NST arrives and tells Des he is intrigued with aeroplanes. One strikes his attention and that is a medium size twin Cessna painted about 10 colours ringed around the fuselage which Des take this to air shows to promote his business. Well Des opens his mouth, “would you like to go for a ride in it?”
Yes of course so off they go. I don’t know much about the flight but that does not really matter. But I do know what happened when they returned back on the ground. Fringe benefit tax. Des said he was obligated to pay 100K when it was all sorted.
I have always taken and trusted people on face value and always being correct with the exception of purchasing a tractor on line through ebay. What I thought was ebay. Des has always done the same. There is a old time quote and that is “you knew what I was before you picked me up” and it was of course, a snake. Well that’s exactly what Des picked up wasn’t it. Wasn’t that a despicable act of deceit by the NST.?

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote