View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 09:19 AM   #28
Ruth

Default Re: Model A Day at Gilmore Cancelled!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in TX View Post
To answer the question of "What would I need" to attend car events?

I would want an option to drive my car through the event like a parade, and possibly stay in my car. Maybe have the event at a drive in outdoor theater. If you get out and walk around the cars, require masks be worn and ask people to adhere to keeping their distance.

However I would think that people would drive in, a cluster of folks would gather under someone's hood, or lean on each other's open windows, sit in circles of lawn chairs together for a few hours, and these actions do not prevent the spread of the virus.

I work in medical and see the results of this virus daily. I'm not so much scared about wearing a mask and saying hello to someone. I do not like going to locations like restaurants and seeing people not understanding what is required to stay healthy. Pre-Covid, I hated watching people touching their face, coughing in their hands, picking their nose or using the bathroom and not wash their hands and then going back to their table and eating french fries, tortilla chips, hamburgers and finger food. People are just not good at hygiene in general. Now its constantly announced to people to practice good hygiene and it just ruins my mood watching others STILL not have a clue. I don't want to sit somewhere for an hour watching others not follow these rules and be angry or grossed out.

So ME... I would cruise through and then head home so that I'm not grumpy the whole time around folks who don't get it.
Thanks, Jason. I appreciate your incites coming from someone in the Medical Field.