View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 10:41 PM   #1
Curt Cummings

Default 31 Slant Window firewall badge placement?

Hi fellow Model A guys, I am in the middle of refurbishing an older restoration of a barn find early 31 slant window four door sedan (Non indented firewall). The paint is far from perfect but will polish up enough for a driver. The rats totally wiped out the interior so it will have to be replaced. Their droppings built up behind the seats and caused some rust out behind the back seat, all of which will be repaired pretty easily with a little effort. My question is where on the firewall does the Briggs or Murray model badge go. The original illegible factory data plate was still in place with the four little push rivets but there are no little holes for the model data plate. I got the plate but don't know quite where to put it. Thanks for your help. A photo would be very helpful. Ya just gotta love these old Model A Fords. I have had 22 of them over the last 58 years. My first one was a 31 Deluxe coupeat the age of 15, but this is my first slant window four door. They sure are a different car than the rest. Keep on Model A'n. Blessings, Curt

Last edited by Curt Cummings; 06-22-2015 at 10:45 PM. Reason: forgot something
Curt Cummings is offline   Reply With Quote