Thread: Scammer warning
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 09:21 PM   #10
rrich1

Default Re: Scammer warning

I'm a police officer and deceptive practices are the worst crimes to investigate. Just yesterday my department took a report of $2500 in Google play and iTunes cards being transferred via telephone. I've had cell phones bought and shipped off to other shipping agents and become untraceable. To say just because they are domestic doesn't make it to where they can't be found. These people are good at what they do and route things all over the place.

Please be cautious and aware of possible scams. Look for key words like agent, shipping agents, misspelled words, people writing like they talk (broken English), common stories of being in the military over seas, or purchasing something over the asking price and asking to send money back.

Think of what you are selling and where they are located and why they need MY item. I live 2 he's south of Chicago and if I place a 32" tv online there is no reason I should have to ship that item. They are a dime a dozen, it isn't like a specialty item that only comes up for collectors.

If you get phone calls claiming to be from the irs or other gov agency, check the time and day of these calls. No gov agency besides the men in blue are open at all hours of the day, weekends, holidays. No gov agency takes gift cards.

Computer scams where they contact you from Microsoft or apple are big scams that lock up your comp. Turn it off, disable the wifi and take to a tech. Do not call the number provided on the screen.

Emails from PayPal, Google, apple, shouldn't need you to reset passwords from emails without you initiating it. Don't use the links in the emails. Go to the sites themselves and contact the company if you have any questions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
rrich1 is offline   Reply With Quote