View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 12:33 PM   #37
Model_A

Default Re: I'm not a Model A person

I completely get your position here, OP.

My Model A (recently acquired) has been in my family for generations, I'm totally honored to be its custodian for my time on this earth and its just so cool to have such a treasured heirloom... that being said, if I were to go out and buy a car right now, I'd buy something more suited for problem free touring and not a 90 year antique on the bleeding edge of early technology.

Hard-core enthusiasts on specialty forums who are super-super-super-super dedicated to their niche and have years/decades of study into it are going to underestimate how 'easy' things are for people who aren't similarly positioned in terms of experience, equipment, knowledge and/or available time. To those guys, spending every weekend for 4 months troubleshooting a problem is the reward. To people who just want a car to drive, that's agony.

Bottom line, if touring is your interest and you aren't very insistent on the cool factor of doing it in a 90 year old car, there are better choices in vintage autos.

Your position is a fair one. Sell your car off to someone better suited to own it and move on to something better suited to you.
Model_A is offline   Reply With Quote