View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 12:22 PM   #36
mgambuzza

Default Re: I'm not a Model A person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowmotoring View Post
I had a similar issue with mine when i first got it. I found that the screen inside of the gas tank was plugged with scale/rust. I ended up removing the gas line from the carburetor and blowing air back into the tank to get the junk pushed off of the screen. It hasnt had that issue since. If you try this, make sure you remove your gas cap and go easy with the air. Im not sure if this will be your fix but it worked for me. Id say its worth a try.
I had to do this routine when I had my 1976 MG Midget. I used to call it "burping the baby". Every time I pushed her over 60, it would sputter, then die. I'd pull over, pull the gas line (rubber on this with little to no fuel pressure in this era), blow into it and hear the burp in the gas tank. Reconnect and I was good as gold - as long as I kept it under 60 (sediment would increase with fuel flow, resulting in the snowball effect clogging the line). I eventually got it fixed after my wife finally refused to ride with me in it, but to this day we still laugh at burping the baby.
mgambuzza is offline   Reply With Quote