View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 05:39 AM   #27
shew01

Default Re: I'm not a Model A person

I bought my Model A from a reputable person, who did very good restorations. He was convinced the car was in excellent shape when he sold it to me, and most of it was in excellent shape. However, the car was parked a while before he sold it, which is about the worst thing that can happen to any car. It turns out the car had some issues that he didn’t know about and some issues developed after I started driving the car regularly. I ended up having to fix number of things shortly after purchasing the car.

I’ve had three antique cars (1957 Fairlane, 1965 Mustang, 1931 Model A), and I’ve had pretty much the same story with each of them, because all of them had been parked a while before purchase. (It seems previous owners don’t want to sell until they are convinced they are not driving the cars enough.) However, once you get the Model A sorted out, it is an incredible car. I usually meet a couple new friends each time I take it to the gas station and wherever else I go. Yes, there was a learning curve with my car (and I have much more to learn), but it generates more smiles per mile than any other car I’ve owned.

Several folks have recommended Model A clubs. I’ve been a member of 4 car clubs over the years, and, by far, our Model A club is the friendliest and most helpful of the bunch.

Oh, by the way, my Model A is more reliable than the 1957 Fairlane that I had. Lately, it’s also been more reliable than my 1965 Mustang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote